All Maple Grove Middle School students will take the MCA reading test on Wednesday, April 28, followed by the MCA math test on Thursday, April 29.
The MCA is an important, state standardized test that is designed to determine a student’s achievement in math and reading. Virtual and quarantined students will receive separate communication regarding alternative test dates within the next week. However, please view our MCA testing schedule so your child knows when to log on for live instruction.
Important MCA testing reminders
- Please make sure your child brings a fully-charged Chromebook and personal corded headphones each day, as the tests are taken online. Students without a charged Chromebook or corded headphones will not be able to test.
- There is no use of phones, Apple watches, etc. during testing. Students must turn these devices off and store them in their backpacks (or leave them at home) for the day.
- Students will need a book to read upon the completion of their tests. MCA guidelines do not allow for any digital use while testing is in progress.
- Parents and guardians have generously donated granola bars and water for all of our students. If your child would like to pick up a snack, please have them stop by the atrium at the main entrance before school starts.
- Students will be testing in their advisory classrooms and following an adjusted schedule for Wednesday and Thursday. View the adjusted schedule.
We encourage you to have a positive conversation with your child about putting forth their best effort. As a school, we greatly appreciate students’ commitment to personal growth and achievement.