Dear Maple Grove Middle School Eighth Grade Families,
Can you believe it? It’s time to celebrate the final days of eighth grade! My son is also an eighth grader so I understand the excitement that is going through their minds as they get ready for high school. Below is the plan for the final day of in-person learning on Thursday, June 10. I am ordering t-shirts so one thing I need from you ASAP is the shirt size of your child. You can click on the link below to share that information with me. Otherwise, please see below for the details of the day.
Eighth Grade Celebration: Thursday, June 10
We are asking for $10 from each student to cover costs of a t-shirt and food trucks.
- Please fill out this Google Doc Permission Slip, which will also ask for your child’s t-shirt size. Please complete this form before Friday, May 21.
- Students will turn in the $10 to their advisory teacher by May 21.
- Please put the money in an envelope with your child’s name on it and their advisory teacher's name.
- There is a spot on this form to indicate whether you’d like to donate additional funds to support other students in need.
- There is a spot on this form to indicate if you would like assistance with the fee.
Schedule for June 10 eighth grade celebration
- Follow regular schedule: Hours 1-4
- Advisory: 11:26 a.m. to 12:06 p.m.
- Food trucks and games outside: 12:06 to 2:40 p.m.
- Dismissal: 2:40 p.m.
- Eighth graders will be dismissed directly to the buses or parent pick up from outside. They will not return to the inside of the school.
Car Parade: Friday, June 11 (noon to 1 p.m.)
- MGMS staff will line the front sidewalk of the school to wave goodbye to the eighth graders and wish them luck in high school.
- Staging area: In an attempt to have some organization to this parade, we are asking parents to begin in the St. Joseph the Worker church parking lot (located down Hemlock Lane toward I-94). This would be a good spot to decorate your car or wait to participate in the parade. Arriving to the church parking lot as early as 11:20 a.m. would give you ample time to line up and prepare for the parade. At noon, the parade will begin with a police escort to the MGMS front entrance.
We are excited to celebrate the final days of your child’s middle school career! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Principal, Maple Grove Middle School