Dear Maple Grove Middle School Eighth Grade Families,
Can you believe it? It’s time to celebrate the final days of eighth grade! My son is also an eighth grader, so I understand the excitement that is going through their minds as they get ready for high school. I know we won’t be able to see our DLA students in-person to celebrate, but I wanted to find some ways to include your child as they wrap up their time at MGMS.
I am ordering t-shirts so one thing I need from you ASAP is the shirt size of your child. You can click on the link below to share that info with me. We plan to provide you with the opportunity to pick up the t-shirt on Friday, June 11, between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. If this time doesn’t work for you, you can pick up the t-shirt anytime from the main office during the last week of school during school hours (7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.).
- We are asking for $5 from each DLA student to cover the cost of the t-shirt. DLA students will turn in the $5 when they pick up their shirt.
- There is a spot on this form to indicate you’d like to donate additional funds to support other students in need.
- There is a spot on this form to indicate if you would like assistance with the fee.
- Orders will be submitted no later than Friday, May 21.
Car Parade: Friday, June 11 (noon to 1 p.m.)
- MGMS staff will line the front sidewalk of the school to wave goodbye to the eighth graders and wish them luck in high school.
- Staging area: In an attempt to have some organization to this parade, we are asking parents to begin in the St. Joseph the Worker church parking lot (located down Hemlock Lane toward I-94). This would be a good spot to decorate your car or wait to participate in the parade. Arriving to the church parking lot as early as 11:20 a.m. would give you ample time to line up and prepare for the parade. At noon, the parade will begin with a police escort to the MGMS front entrance.
I know this isn’t a lot, but I am hoping it provides some exciting closure to your child’s middle school career. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Principal, Maple Grove Middle School